Microblading is semi permanent treatment that lasts from 1-2 years, in which a manual tool places pigment underneath the skin with a tiny disposable needle. Hair strokes are drawn following the natural direction of your own hair. Microblading is meant to enhance your natural brow, it will add shape, density and color. It can also fill in any sparse spaces as well as camouflage scars. Depending on your natural hair color, bone structure, and our professional experience, we will decide on a eyebrow shape and color that most compliments your face. For most people, a minimum of two sessions are required to achieve desired results. This will also help increase the longevity of your hairstrokes! A topical anesthetic is applied to increase your comfort during the procedure. Anesthetics work differently on every person, and may feel some discomfort or pressure during the service. Complimentary consultations are provided.
Frequency of sessions and results vary from person to person depending on many different factors.
- Excessive bleeding during the treatment will greatly affect the outcome of hairstrokes.
- Hairstrokes on extremely oily skin will heal more blurred and powdered than expected.
- Lighter pigment colors will fade more quickly than darker colors.
- Iron deficiencies or anemia will cause pigment to fade quickly, and may cause bleeding/bruising.
- If you frequently smoke, pigment will fade quickly.
- If you have minimal eyebrow hair, your tattoo will appear more 2 dimensional.
Please note that final results can not be guaranteed. Everyone has a unique skin type that will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. During the touch up appointment, which should be scheduled 6-10 weeks after the initial appointment, we will evaluate how you have healed and make any changes necessary! It is recommended to receive a yearly touch up to refresh the brows. In some instances more than 2 appointments are necessary for your ideal brows.
- Botox within a month of the service
- Newly sunburned /tanned face
- Accutane in the past year
- Pregnant or nursing
- Under the age of 18
- Allergic to Lidocaine
- Do not work out the day of your treatment.
- Discontinue use of exfoliators 72 hours in advance.
- Waxing, threading, or tinting should be done 2 days prior.
- Discontinue tanning 30 days prior.
- Discontinue use of blood thinners (Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Ibuprofen) a minimum of 48 hours before your procedure.
- No caffeine or alcohol 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Please note you may have increased sensitivity during your menstrual cycle.
- Please note you may find it uncomfortable to wear contacts during your treatment.
- You may fill in your eyebrows the day of so we can see how you like to wear them daily.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Immediately after your tattoo procedure, your eyebrows may appear dark, warm in color and bold in shape. This will last for up to a week.
- You may experience swelling or redness and what will feel like a sunburn.
- This will subside within 48 hours.
- Itchiness during the healing process is normal, as well as scabbing and flaking. DO NOT pick scabs or flaking. This will pull pigment from the brows, and will result in patchy eyebrows.
- After flakes have discontinued, it may appear as though you have completely lost or have a muted look to your hair strokes. Your skin is regenerating itself and the strokes will reappear more crisp.
- The healing process takes anywhere from 4-6 weeks, during this time your hair strokes will lighten, and soften. So please be patient during this healing process, it will take at least 30 days to see its true color, and their end result!
- Touch up appointments are ALWAYS recommended, it is essential to the longevity of your eyebrows. During this appointment we will evaluate color, shape, and density.
- After 7 days an unscented moisturizer can be applied to the brows.
WHAT NOT TO DO
- It is crucial that you do not get your eyebrows wet for the first 7 days. The pigment is stabilizing in your skin, and any liquids can cause negative results. (Make up wipes, and wash clothes are highly recommended during this process.)
- Excess sweating is to be avoided for the first week.
- Do not apply any eyebrow make up for the first 14 days.
- Do not pick or scratch any flakes, or scabbing.
- Do not apply any Neosporin, Vaseline, or petroleum based products to your fresh tattoo.
- Do not wax, thread, tint, or bleach eyebrows for one month after procedure.
- Do not soak or spray your face in the shower or any body of water for 2 weeks.
- No saunas or steam rooms for 2 weeks.
- DO NOT use any facial products and acne treatments containing any types of acids ( salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, alpha hydroxy acids, Retin-A, lactic acid, hydroquinone) while healing.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds during the first 3 weeks.
- Sun exposure and tanning beds will effect the longevity of your tattoo, an SPF should always be applied.
- Please use caution while receiving any facial services that include lasers, microdermabrasions, and chemical peels . These services can alter and prematurely fade your hair strokes. Always inform the technician that your eyebrows are microbladed.